Educational Support and Training
IAWTI seeks to share and disseminate animal welfare knowledge with universities, veterinarians, first responders and the general public.
By providing an unbiased view of animal welfare concerns, we can examine potential solutions as well as areas for further research. IAWTI collaborates with faculty and directors of other campus centers, which have a focus on various species to meet and discuss collaborative welfare-oriented research, training, and management protocols, which can be pursued within their own funded programs.
IAWTI is involved in educational support in lectures and hands-on workshops, including:
- Training of to veterinary students within their veterinary curriculum, as well as student clubs, such as the Behavior Medicine and Welfare Club, One Health Club and Veterinary Emergency Response Team Club.
- Continuing education presentations to veterinary professionals at domestic and foreign veterinary schools, local, regional and international conferences
- Human-Animal Bond
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Emergency and Disaster
- Animal Sheltering
- Disaster Preparedness
- Abuse and Neglect of Equids
- Welfare of Donkeys and Working Equids